Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Another Giant

Ever since Mom’s latest episode, things haven’t been the same. Between her confusion, stomach pain, anxiety, and everything else.. she has severely struggled. This morning the doctors decided that in order to keep her progress moving forward, they would need to bite the bullet and do exploratory abdominal surgery. So, tomorrow around lunch time Mom will have surgery to try to repair whatever is causing this excruciating stomach pain.

All day I have struggled with this news and asked “Why?” over and over. Why are we faced, yet again, with another serious road block? Why have we had literally every complication in the book plus some? Why is my Mom still in the hospital after 20+ weeks? Why? Why? Why? It’s extremely frustrating to me that my poor Mom is going to be undergoing another serious surgery. The fear I feel is indescribable and overwhelming. The thought of sitting in that surgery waiting room again is sickening. I’m exhausted.. our whole family is exhausted. Today, all I’ve wanted to do is wallow in self pity. I’ve wanted to kick a wall or hit someone. I’ve wanted to lock myself in the closet and scream.. and to be honest, I might do that later tonight. I’ve decided that tonight I will allow myself to be mad and frustrated, but tomorrow I will pull up my big girl pants and face the giant that lies ahead of us. The Lord has been so faithful to us through this experience. My heart knows this and I truly believe that He will continue to be faithful and be right beside us tomorrow helping us defeat the giant.

Tonight I ask all my friends to continue to pray for us. Especially tomorrow while Mom’s in surgery. Please pray specifically for Mom and her surgeons. We are believing for an easy surgery and no complications. We are also believing that this bump in the road is just another chapter in Mom’s testimony. Tonight as I go to bed I’m declaring that tomorrow is going to be another day full miracles. Please join me in declaring that. We love you all and will update you as soon as Mom is out of surgery.

3 comments:

  1. Our future is a memory to Him. This world and its sin and sickness is wretched, but our God reigns....even when we can hardly hold our head up to whisper a prayer. God is great, and He is good, this we know. Praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying in agreement with you today. His mercies are new today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Kim and her surgeons tomorrow. She is a fighter and will pull through. Please God, give Kim the strength to push through this hardship and give her family the strength to face the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

What If?

This morning after dropping Eleanor off at school, I had a really difficult moment. I questioned the Lord and honestly I asked Him why He ...