Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Prayers and Positivity


There’s so much I could write about tonight, but I’m going to try and keep it short for you guys. Mom received her PEG tube yesterday and did well with her surgery. Overnight, her H&H dropped some so they gave her two blood transfusions to help give her a boost. It worked and her H&H has been stable today and tonight. They mentioned a concern of a GI bleed but I don’t think that’s the case neither did tonight’s nurse. I think she lost some blood during the surgery and she needed some help getting caught up. Our family has adapted a new way of speaking when we are in the room with Mom and talking about Mom. We are only speaking and thinking positivity. Negativity is not allowed around her and if it comes, whoever says it should be asked to leave the room. Mom wants and needs to be uplifted. She needs hope that life can and will get better. She needs people around her who want to lift her up, help her recover and encourage her. 


Today, Mom got a sweet visit from our favorite doctor- Dr Bansal. 

You might remember his name, he is the heart surgeon who put in her LVAD and fought for her life for so many months when she was deathly ill. He sat by her beside, canceled trips and did everything possible to get Mom to where she is today. We love Dr Bansal and respect him more than anyone else. She told him today that they told her she was never going to be able to eat again. Do you know what is response to that was? He laughed and said “that’s not true, you will get stronger and you will eat again. They obviously don’t remember what you’ve been through.” He’s right. She’s going to fight and she’s going to get stronger. She’s come back from deaths door more times than we would have liked and she will come back from this too. 


I’ve never spent more time in prayer than I do now. I pray in the shower, in the car, while I cook... I find myself praying all day long. Today I was driving down the road with Harrison and we were listening to worship music. I lifted one of my hands and started praying out loud for freedom from sickness for Mom. While I was praying, I heard Harrison trying to repeat exactly what I was saying and when I glanced back in the rear view mirror he had his hands raised and eyes closed and in his “own language” was praying his little heart out for his Lollie. I lost it. I almost had to pull on the side of the road. My sweet baby. Thank you Jesus for that precious moment. Just when my soul feels empty, He replenishes it with an image of His grace and goodness. Please join Harrison and me in praying for Lollie. She needs us to intercede on her behalf. She needs an image of His grace and goodness like I received today. She needs to feel whole again and well. She needs the Hope that only Jesus can give her. I’m proclaiming today that wholeness and strength are coming for Mom. It’s just around the corner. Please join me in proclaiming this for Mom. 


We love you all. Thank you for following Mom’s story and for the many blessings your prayers bring. We couldn’t make it without you! 


Addie 



Picture is of sweet Brittany and Mom. Brittany is Mom’s LVAD coordinator and came and did her nails today. We are so thankful for her and Mom just adores her! 





1 comment:

  1. Prayers for all of you and especially for Kim. She shows her love and faith.

    ReplyDelete

What If?

This morning after dropping Eleanor off at school, I had a really difficult moment. I questioned the Lord and honestly I asked Him why He ...