Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Miracles

Ryan and I brought Mom to-go Ruth’s Chris! She’s just a little spoiled. 

 


Last night I was cooking dinner for a sweet friend of mine who just had a baby. As I was cooking I thought to myself, “Chicken Pot pie is one of Mom’s favorites”... then it hit me. Tears filled my eyes and I smiled and thought- For one of the first time in 10 weeks I’m able to cook a meal and send a plate to the hospital for Mom. I’m so thankful. We are so thankful. We are overwhelmed and honestly just in awe. You see, ever since I was a young child I was read stories from the Bible of miracles the Lord did and was able to perform. I was taught that no request is impossible for the Lord, but how often do we get to witness an unbelievable, overwhelming miracle? Mom’s ability to eat is nothing short of that. The doctors and therapist weren’t wrong. They were right in saying that what they saw then, was a patient that had lost her ability to swallow. They were right to say that from what they saw on her swallow study it would take months and months of intense therapy for her to even be able to enjoy a scoop of ice cream. Medically they weren’t wrong, but spiritually the Lord had other plans. Just like He raised the dead to life, turned water to wine, gave life to dry bones... He gave Mom the ability to swallow. He woke up her weak muscles and he breathed LIFE into them. He showed out, and all I can do is smile and praise the Lord yet again. 


Medically, Mom is doing extremely well. There is nothing that is causing her current problems and she’s ready to leave the hospital. Today we had a short phone conversation with some of her team and the decision was made to send her to rehab this week. The Rehab team came by and agreed that she was ready and didn’t need time at LTAC. She’s getting stronger daily and I believe is going to come home from rehab stronger than she was before this hospital stay. Will you all do me a favor and please pray specifically for Mom to have peace? She’s so tired y’all. She’s so ready to be home with us. She’s exhausted of being alone. She wants and needs to be home with her family, but she needs therapy more. She and our family made the hard decision to send her to rehab and not just take her home. You see, if there’s one thing we’ve learned from all this is that life and time with your loved ones is so valuable. Life is short and we don’t know what tomorrow or next week holds. All we know, is that we want Mom to have the best quality of life when she’s home. We want her to be able to do what she wants to do, and she has to be stronger in order to have that life. Please pray that we made the right decision. Please ask the Lord to give us all confirmation that we did the right thing. Please continue to ask the Lord for supernatural physical and mental strength for Mom. Rehab isn’t going to be easy, but I know He’s preparing her today for what she needs tomorrow. 


Throughout Mom’s LVAD journey we have been told so many things. She will never be extubated, we have to amputate both legs, we are going to have to amputate her arm, she will never eat a full meal again, she won’t make it through the night... I could go on all day. One thing that’s for sure, is no one really knows what Mom’s future looks like. Will she have another episode of infections? Will it never happen again? Will she live perfectly with the LVAD for the next 10 years? Or will we be in this same spot next year? Will we ever be given a transplant? Or will that day never come? The answer is simply.. we don’t know. No doctor knows and anyone pretending they do needs to take some time re-reading her chart. Mom’s future is very unpredictable, but I’m going to leave you with this story. A few weeks ago, I had a beautiful dream that I was giving birth to my third child. It was a little girl and as I started to push, I looked to my right and my precious Mom was STANDING on a prosthetic over my shoulder with NO LVAD. When I woke up, I felt at peace and I knew then that Mom’s story wasn’t over. I believe that the LVAD will be gone one day and one day Dr. Bansal is going to give her a transplant. That miracle will happen. Nothing is impossible. The Lord isn’t finished and Mom’s victory is coming. Will you join me in declaring this victory?  


5 comments:

  1. I stand with you and know OUR GOD can n does perform miracles. He’s already shown us that for her snd I don’t believe HE is thought with her yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your sweet mom and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, ma'm, I will surely keep on praying. Isaiah 26:3. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee." Praying for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear this. She's been one of the top 4 I've been praying on in my prayer book. Jesus is Lord!

    ReplyDelete

What If?

This morning after dropping Eleanor off at school, I had a really difficult moment. I questioned the Lord and honestly I asked Him why He ...