Friday, February 1, 2019

Trusting the Lord

This morning I received the news that Mom was being moved out of ICU and to the step down unit. This news hit me like a ton of bricks because, to be honest, I don’t believe she’s ready for that. In the ICU, she has one on one care with nurses and it will not be that way on the step down unit. Mom still has so much going on. Just in the last week, she’s been changed from CRRT to hemodialysis, she’s fought a staph infection, had a procedure to put a tube in her stomach because it’s still not working right, she’s had multiple tachycardiac episodes, and many other things that have caused concern.

I would like to ask all of her prayer warriors to please pray that this decision is the right decision and not something that will cause more issues. Please pray the doctors have thought through all the possible complications and are preparing appropriately for them. Please pray that Mom doesn’t have anymore tachycardiac episodes and that she will be able to continue to get stronger on the speech valve.

Our family is also on the search for a rehabilitation hospital in Baton Rouge for Mom when the time comes. Let me be clear in saying, that time is still a good ways away. Please pray we can find the right place in town that can accommodate Mom and all her needs. We still have a very very long road to recovery ahead of us and it would be such a blessing to get her closer to home.

Today, all I’m able to do is trust that this decision is within the Lord’s plan. Trusting that Mom is moving in the right direction and her recovery will move faster than we expect. Please join me in trusting and believing these things for my Mom.

3 comments:

  1. May the Lord’s peace surround you. God is doing a work. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lord you promises to supply our needs! Praying continually for her and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The NeuroMedical Center Rehabilitation Hospital. Praying

    ReplyDelete

What If?

This morning after dropping Eleanor off at school, I had a really difficult moment. I questioned the Lord and honestly I asked Him why He ...